Another Flor Contemplacion.
I hate to think that sometimes we are left with no choice.
Me and mom were watching news the other night, and the news about the 3 Filipinos who got death penalties from China was hot as of the moment. It brought back memories, as they mentioned, to Flor Contemplacion's death. I was silently watching, while hearing mom's comment about how its their fault, and how they brought it to them. In a way, I know mom's right, but I can't help but wonder how maybe they just didn't have a choice. That's what sucks about life, you see, being left with no choice, that will either make you lose it, or lose yourself. Yes, that's about it. It's either you lose to life, or you lose yourself.
It's bothering me, as I thought of the criminals in jails, or the corrupt politicians. Maybe they didn't just have a choice? Maybe they didn't mean to do those abominable and injustice things. Or maybe just like everyone else, they hadn't thought of its outcome.
I do that a lot myself. I do things without thinking much of what could be its effect. Its like not knowing nor realizing that a piece of match can actually burn down a house. The small things that can be big things.
Meanwhile, my brother is watching Season of the Witch, so I joined him for a while, and it reminded me yet again of choices and other stuff. Anyway, I think the movie is really good, and I am starting to enjoy it, but then my mom sat with us, and she just kept on commenting and reading the subtitles or whatnots. So I went back in front of the pc and began typing this. I mean, I love my mom and all, but she can be such a mom sometimes. No offense Ma.
And you see, I'd always choose you, given a choice.
Meanwhile, my brother is watching Season of the Witch, so I joined him for a while, and it reminded me yet again of choices and other stuff. Anyway, I think the movie is really good, and I am starting to enjoy it, but then my mom sat with us, and she just kept on commenting and reading the subtitles or whatnots. So I went back in front of the pc and began typing this. I mean, I love my mom and all, but she can be such a mom sometimes. No offense Ma.
And you see, I'd always choose you, given a choice.
Labels: Flor Contemplacion, life, Personal, Season of the witch
Monday, April 4, 2011 @ 4:46:00 PM / comments
Please view with Google Chrome in a screen resolution of 1280 x 800.
Picture from: Tumblr All rights reserved 2011 - Infinite.
