TOO SCHOOL FOR COOL
Before I go, Lol. Here is my promise post for incoming first year students. This both applies for high school, but its mostly for college freshmen. And especially for witches and wizards.
Starting new can be both scary and refreshing at the same time. Everything would be new to you. Your classmates, professors, buildings, curriculum, and your whole environment. Unless of course, you already studied in that school. Its scary in a way that you are going to be on your own, but never forget that you are all going to feel the same way. You are all alone together. And that much can bring you comfort. It isn't that bad when you think about it. You may get nostalgic and depressed for a while about your best friends, but it will pass. Or rather, you will learned to live with it.
First, for choosing a course for incoming college students. I know I'm too late for this kind of advising regarding courses, but anyhoo, there are 2 options on how you should chose your course. Its either you
- CHOOSE WHAT INTERESTS YOU - This is the time for you to do what you want to do. What you are achingly want to do. If your good on drawing? Then go for Fine Arts or Architecture. Braniac? Go get Medicine! Good in math? There's Engineering and Accountancy. Into computers? Go get IT or Computer Science. Into writing? There's Journalism for you. There are a variety of choices for you. And I'm sure you'll find what you want to do in life. Or...
- BE PRACTICAL - If there is nothing that really interests you, or if you don't have this special skills and all that, then you should be practical. It's what I did, since I don't have anything I'm good at. Boohoohoo. LOL. You should always consider the bigger picture when choosing you're course. You have to think the future, if you really want to be rich and be on top someday, then you should consider on getting something that's on demand. Go here for the list of the top 10 in demand jobs today. It's not bad to be practical, you'll eventually learn to love what you're doing (just like me!!!) and trust me, it will all pay off in the end.
I know its not much, but I hope that at least you got what I want to say. And I hope you chose the right thing for you.
So, here are some things, some insights of mine, that you might want to know and consider before entering the battle field. Lolwhat.
- NEVER LIMIT YOURSELF - This goes for everything. From the people, lessons, and activities around you. If you are comfortable with being with your friends all the time before, then now is the time to go out of that cocoon. Don't limit yourself. Now is the time for you to participate and to live. And maybe while you're out there, you'll even surprise yourself with what you can do.
- GIVE YOURSELF A MAKEOVER - This is a new start, so you should give and look your best. I know this is no beauty pageant, but it doesn't hurt to look nice. Right? Buy clothes that you're comfortable with since you are going to school to study, and not to have a fashion convention. But of course, you can always be fashionable and comfortable at the same time. Be creative!
- FRIENDS ARE EVERYWHERE - I know you must be missing your best friends form your previous school, and you just feel like there will never be anyone that can get you as much as your best friends understand you, but you're wrong. I used to think that too, and now I've proven that the best of friends are everywhere. There will be people that will watch your back and tolerate the silly and awkward you again, you just have to embrace that, and you will find them.
- BE YOURSELF - I know this is too overrated, but its always applicable when it comes to everything. You should always be yourself. People are going to love you because you are your awesome self.
- STUDYING IS YOUR LEGAL WIFE - I get it. You're a college student, so you wanna have fun and there is nothing wrong with that! But always remember that everything has its limits, so always get your priorities straight. You don't want to end up spending 10 years in college, do you? Or worst, getting kicked out.
- FUN IS YOUR MISTRESS!!!! - Never ever forget to relax some time and just have fun. Its okay to cut class and have fun instead with your friends! It's okay to flank a subject or two, its for experience! Its for you to learn. It's a part of life. Mistakes and failures are a big part of our life. It's what straighten us out and makes us stronger in the end. Its what will push us and makes us succeed.
This are just few pointers that I want you all to realize baby dolls. It's based from my own experience, from my perspective. Dont be scared, and just have tons and tons of fun! You'll do great! You always will.
Friday, June 3, 2011 @ 4:08:00 PM / comments
Please view with Google Chrome in a screen resolution of 1280 x 800.
Picture from: Tumblr All rights reserved 2011 - Infinite.


